As a Project Marketing Advisor, you will own and project manage product marketing initiatives, working closely with other members of marketing, sales and product management.
- Drive & manage Merch strategy to achieve financial (Revenue, Unit, Margin) & market coverage objectives across the CSG business.
- Own and drive specific 4P Execution activity and monitor via BMS across segments and routes
- Review Sell Thru Analysis to determine areas of success to accelerate and areas of decline to turn around.
- Works closely with operations team to ensure high quality management ready reporting information is delivered to sales teams to execute programs and actions.
- Participate in communicating program objectives to Dell Technologies sales teams
- Facilitation of Management reviews of Merch programs by route and segment
- Working closely with Product teams to provide insight, analysis and trends from data and interaction with distributors and partners to assist with the opportunity identification process.
- Proposes changes to distributor managed programs to yield the best results for Dell Technologies
- Uses interactions with distributors as a means to obtain feedback on promotions, product, gather competitive intelligence and market trends, thereby helping to determine additional opportunities to target
- Works closely with the Product and Sales Specialist to provide information to help identify areas of opportunity to target
- Assists with the introduction and implementation of Dell Technologies Framework with aspects of:
- Channel Structure and Capacity
- Channel Enablement and BMS
- Channel Programs and RAD
- Drive Distributor Managed Business (nonmetal Partners) through:
- Implementation of SMART KPIs on Distributor Merch Programs
- Product/Pricebook assortment
- Promotional programs tailored to targeted partner audience
- Ensures distributors are executing program activity such as;
- Quarterly campaign plans targeting non-metal accounts (authorized resellers)
- Implementing Marketing activities (e.g. EDM, Banners)
- Executing regular partner communications (Price book, promo bundles, partner tele campaigns)
- Uses a data driven approach to determine areas within the distributor managed business that need improvement
- Works with the distribution management team to:
- Propose actions to recover back to plan
- Get buy in and commitment to actions from distributor management team
- Propose actions to accelerate or replicate success in other parts of the portfolio
- Puts in place a BMS to monitor execution of programs for distributor managed accounts
- Stack ranks partner promotions and programs according to their:
- Competitive differentiation
- Effectiveness in driving distributor behaviour
Key Competencies Needed (Technical & Non-Technical):
- Ability to review, assess and make decisions based on sell thru, sell in and sell out data.
- Ability to understand and influence sales teams both internal and external.
- Ability to convert data into information and present results to sales and management along with clear actions and SMART KPIs.
- Strong understanding of Dell Technologies CSG products and product strategy.
- Excellent understanding of distribution channels and channel partners in the IT hardware market.
- Excellence in problem solving & analysis skills & numeracy.
- Strong Commercial acumen with a background in sales being a highly regarded advantage
- Exposure to sales opportunity management process
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building, interaction and influencing skills across, up and down the sales and sales management teams.
- Strong day to day interaction with Channel Sales Team.
- Close involvement with Product Specialist to provide input to aid in opportunity identification.
- Strong interaction with tactical pricing, finance, operations and Sales Teams.
Key Performance Indicators / Metrics:
- Achievement of unit, revenue and margin targets in CSG business across Channel
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in IT Hardware sales, preferably in the IT distribution with multi layered channels with a Bachelor Degree.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Expertise in the PC business advantageous; ability to understand & articulate product specification differences with respect to cost & price differences.
- Proven track record in methodically & meticulously driving solutions for complex problems that involve cross-functional disciplines.
- Ability to translate strategy and data into decisions and to work with minimal management
- Self-directing, motivated, goal oriented, competitive, dynamic, hard-working with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous product management experience in IT Hardware