Desired Competencies (Technical/Behavioral Competency)
1. Strong English & local language proficiency and inter personal skills.
2. Provide incident and request management support to all end user devices.
E.g. Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Thin-client, Mac, Monitor, Mobile device,
VPN Token, Printers, Scanner, Thumb drive, encrypted portable HDD etc
3. Experience in Windows & non-Windows Operating environment
4. Installation, Movement, Addition or Change (IMAC) of new or existing end
user device hardware/software component.
5. Provide and maintain warranty/maintenance documentation for Assets, to
be included in Operations Manual.
6. Recommend and apply solutions, including on-site repair for remote users.
7. Install, organize, test, maintain, check and troubleshoot end user
workstations and interrelated hardware and software.
8. Provide support to end users relating to hardware and software, computer
applications, LAN components and peripherals.
9. Determine and execute system reconfiguration needs.
10. Establish end user service level agreements.
11. Carry out on-site analysis, identification, and resolution of difficult desktop
problems for end users.
12. Supervise complaint ticketing system and follow timely resolution of all
13. Able to configure and use Microsoft Enterprise applications (including
SCCM and Active Directory).
14. Creation/restoration of images and up gradation of patches using SCCM.
15. Ability to participate in the design, architect and engineering of software
16. Demonstrated ability to provide user support by means of remote access
17. Ability to communicate effectively with both Business/Management and
Vendor resources & acquire knowledge from them.
1. Knowledge on Asset management.
2. Preferred Certifications: MCSA (Win 7 Enterprise Desktop Support) & ITIL
Foundation / Intermediate.
3. Good to have service transition experience.
Role descriptions / Expectations from the Role
Deskside Support will provide incident and request management support to all end user
devices. E.g. Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Thin-client, Mac, Monitor, Mobile device, VPN Token,
Printers, Scanner, Thumb drive, encrypted portable HDD etc.
Incident handling: including troubleshooting, break fix; follows incident management process.
Service Requests: Installation, Movement, Addition or Change (IMAC) of new or existing end
user device hardware/software component.
Software application support for applications both commercial off the shelf and customer
Queue management for incident resolution and request fulfillment.
Desk side support provides support in both local language and English.
Perform ICMS and PC sign off on every PC deployment and collection
Flexible resources to cater for demand of standby or end user device related projects, without
compromising daily BAU services.
Conduct end user device and related testing
Perform site inspection
Perform end user device inspection
Provide status update to the ticketing tools in a timely manner.
Assist in end user support or consultations.
Address day-to-day desktop support process issues.
Analyze completed end user device requests and incidents to identify and recommend process
improvements and identify any process compliance issues.
Receive, diagnose, assess and resolve Deskside Incidents that pertain to the following:
o Software issues with applications.
o Perform troubleshooting and diagnose issue
o Complete re-image is performed if required.
If problem cannot be resolved by re-installing the application the Deskside Incident is routed
back to Application resolver group responsible for the application.
In a timely manner, escalate to their manager & Deskside Support Lead when a recurring issue
is beyond their control.
Arranging on-site access & support, when required
IMAC’s – Prepare new and existing equipment for deployment
Move existing equipment (PC, notebook, Thin Client, network printer etc.…) and update
configurations, as necessary.
Change an existing hardware/software component and verify functionality upon completion
IMAC Update in CMDB
Install and configure hardware/software as requested in the IMAC record and verify
functionality upon completion (software which could not be installed by SCCM)
Provide a minimum of 15 minutes of familiarization Training to end-user upon completion
of a new PC install, if end user is available upon completion of install.